Why hire a birth photographer?
Aside from a wedding, the birth of a child is one of the most life changing wonderful events that will ever happen to you. When you have a birth photographer, you can get those beautiful, once in a lifetime moments without your significant other behind the lens. They should be there to support you and be involved with the birth of the baby, not taking pictures. I have had children and know that when it’s all said and done, it’s just a big blur and I ended up only get one or two good pictures right after they were born. I will help you capture the amazing birth process and the precious miracle of birth.
About birth photography
You never know what is going to happen during labor and delivery. No two births are the same. I will photograph those moments as they play out, with a photo-journalist style to tell your story. I will be as quiet and unobtrusive as possible, so that you forget I am even there, while getting those unforgettable shots of the delivery and the bonding between mother and baby.
I will meet and discuss with you what to expect and what shots you do and don’t want. I want you to get to know me so I’m not a total stranger during the delivery. If you can’t meet with me, we can also talk by phone and email.
- I am on call 24/7 two weeks before and two weeks after your due date until the baby is born. I schedule very few births at a time so that they do not overlap.
- Photos will include active labor, delivery and up to two hours after the birth of you, baby and family getting to know each other.
- You will get a DVD with 75-100 images, edited and with print rights, some in color and some in black and white.
- Watermarked web images to share online
- Online gallery that is password protected for you to view and purchase prints or to share with family and friends at your discretion.
- $50 gift certificate toward prints/print products
- A DVD slide show put to music of your choice can be added for $60
- 50% of the total cost is due upon booking, the remainder is due at 37 weeks.
Fresh 48 Package
- Same as the package above, but without the labor and delivery process documented
- I am still on call for 24/7 for these so I only book a couple per month.
- 2-6 hours of photography, capturing your brand new bundle of joy bonding with you and your family.
- Instead of a $50 gift certificate for prints, you will get a $150 gift certificate for prints/print products.
$800 for the Birth Package
$800 for the Fresh 48 Package
- Canvas prints
- Birth announcements
- Large Prints
- Proof books
- Extra discs
Frequently Asked Questions
What areas do you serve?
I am able to photograph births up to two hours away. I am centrally located between Los Angeles and Orange County and can also photograph in parts of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
When do you arrive and how long do you stay?
I usually show up during active labor (5 cm) and stay for up to two hours after birth.
What if you miss the birth?
I make very few birth photo appointments so that they do not overlap. The number of photos I take during labor and delivery are very small compared to the photos of the baby and family after the birth. If I miss the birth because your labor went too fast or you did not call on time, you will get the “Fresh 48” session.
What about “Private” shots?
During our first meeting, we will discuss what you would like photographed and what you do not. Some women want pictures of the baby coming out and some don’t. It’s entirely up to you and your call. I will respect your wishes and privacy.
Will you use the images on your website?
Yes, I will put images on my site and Facebook but you will get to see the ones I would like to post and let me know if there are any that are unsuitable to share. Only the first name of the baby will be shared on the website.
What if I have a C-Section?
If you are having a planned Cesarean birth, you will want to ask your doctor beforehand if they will allow a photographer in the operating room with you along with any other support persons you have. Many doctors do allow this! If your cesarean is unplanned, you may still ask, but it may be unlikely a photographer can go in with you. However, there are still plenty of beautiful moments to capture after the birth. I am more than happy to stay at the hospital to document those first few moments in the postpartum room, or I can come back later to photograph the bonding times with your newborn.
What if I don’t want the actual labor and birth documented?
You will get the “Fresh 48” Package, which is 2-6 hours of photography after the baby is born, but within the first 48 hours after birth. (Hospital, Home or birth center) I will be on call 24/7 for this as well.